23 November 2017

NZSS 2017 : Matching Day!


Today is the day! ... Well, one of the days but you know what I mean. Later today, our NZSS dashboards will update with the name of our giftee and it will be sleuthing time!!! Trying to figure out what to gift someone is my favourite part. :)

Admittedly, I've been terrible the past couple of years because I'm not very good at decision-making and it took me a looong time to come up with gift ideas. I ended up sending "pre-gifts" while I finalise their real presents and I feel like it kinda took away some of the excitement. This shouldn't happen this year, ideally, because we have a little over two weeks to send our presents to the Storehouse! *fingers crossed

I am assuming that everyone knows what New Zealand Secret Santa is and how it works but in case anyone would like to know more about the whole thing, just click through here. :)

So anyway, the Elves are trying to distract us Santees with shiny Twitter games so we don't cause too much trouble from getting impatient lol and to help who we match with get a better understanding of our likes and dislikes and overall personalities, I guess.

(I've just refreshed the dashboard and no match yet so here we go)

(I'm answering here because I'm a bit talk-y so this won't fit on Twitter and I don't think anyone else other than my Santa would want to read this anyway)

(Just refreshed again and still no go, let's do this)




A dragon. Can you imagine, all the dramatic entrances to be had! Flying wherever and breathing fire whenever would be pretty awesome, too. Also, big Drogon fan here. I would seriously rage and write letters to the Game of Thrones people if anything is to happen to him on the last season of the show.


Buying myself some bright-coloured flowers and eating cheesy snacks - not cheese, though, more like cheese-flavoured stuff. Going on a lotion trance. Staying up late to maybe early morning reading a book. Sleeping in.


Blu's kindy teachers. Lorde. Steven Adams, too. :)


The only toys I tolerated when I was a child were paper dolls. I was terrified (still is!) of dolls. Barbie and Polly Pocket were okay, my younger sister loved those but they just weren't my thing. Preferred playing outside pretend cooking with leaves and flowers and rocks. Or climbing stuff, getting dirty. Asked my parents and other relatives to gift me books instead. That's not to say I don't like toys now. I have a nice little collection of Funko Pop!s and some cute soft toys. The boys love LEGO and are trying to get me to come to the dark side.


Drive up to Wanaka and go skydiving. Maybe try to meet and get a cuddle from Maska the Malamute while I'm there. Spend the rest of the day in a hair salon and spa - get everything done on my hair, get a manicure, pedicure, whole body massage with those rocks lined up on your back kinda thing lol. And then hire someone to drive me home to my boys.


That's it! :) Reasonable o'clock should come around soon and then we can get our sleuth on. Hi to our NZSecretSanta and hope you enjoy our little spaces on the internets. Xx