1 May 2015

as of late --- 1

.

I know, I know. I am terrible at keeping resolutions and seeing things through. I'm a GREAT planner, though! Always look for the better side of things, I say. No need to worry. Someday I will bloom into a fully functional adult and then, maybe, my blogging and writing goals will be fulfilled and trigger a fantastic series of events that will lead to world peace. You never know.



Making little notes on my calendars and journals to create the illusion that I am organised.

Having trouble sleeping for a week now. I think my body clock's missed being nocturnal. Supposedly not a problem but I have come to love early mornings and the sunrise and lovely birds singing so I hope it resets to sleeping-before-midnight mode again soon.

Drinking a lot more water since I installed Water Your Body last January. I'm not really sure if I have lost any weight (I've stopped using the scales), but I do feel a lot healthier in a way.

Reading Yes Please by Amy Poehler, and Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh.

Watching Game of Thrones Season 5. Stoked to see them not-so-baby dragons.

Feeling accomplished and just a teeny bit proud about starting a small business. I've had the idea for two years now, I think, and I only acted on it a couple months ago. Slow progress, as I'm still learning the ropes, but it's all quite fulfilling.

Loving that autumn is finally well under way. The couple weeks transition after summer was not very nice. Blu had to deal with hayfever for more than 10 days, the poor dear. But all good now! Seeing autumn leaves out the window and having the fire keep the house warm feels all kinds of cozy wonderful.

Thankful that Japo and I have finally got the extra room sorted to be our playroom/office. Was thisclose to losing it over toys on the couch and the lounge and the hallway all day every day anydamnday.

Excited to join Friday's 10 Happy Things by Helga next week! My writing (and even my photo-taking) mojo has been running a bit low lately, but you know how the start of a new month or a new anything does to me.

Very pleased that it's less than a month to go for this dairy season. The year went by quite fast and didn't have too many hiccups. Glad, too, that we're opting out of this coming Gypsy Day and staying put for at least another year. :)