29 May 2015

as of late --- 2

.


The last weekend of autumn is upon us so I'm sneaking this one in before the pretty colours disappear. It has already snowed this past week, and we woke up to a frosty treat just this morning.

We've been quite busy lately with trying to catch up on sleep as we navigate this Land of No More Naps Or Else You're Up Til Midnight, adjusting our schedules with the farm drying off and sending off the cows, attending birthday parties, and dealing with early winter bugs. Blu and I are now on the mend, but I think we'll be lucky if Japo doesn't come down with anything by next week. End of season fatigue and the cold weather don't work too well with our beloved farmers this time of year. Good thing we have the NBA Finals (and meds, and Vit C, and pizza) to pull us through.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Reading Toddlers Are A**holes: It's Not Your Fault by Bunmi Laditan. I think I'm halfway through? I'm only able to sneak read one or two chapters at a time. It's good, has me lol-ing irl at some parts. Biggest takeaway from it, so far, is that we are quite lucky that Blu is the way he is and that he makes this parenting gig relatively easy. He might have had his moments but I'm thrilled that I haven't needed to deal with most of the things some toddlers subject their parents to as stated on the book.

Writing Invoices, receipts, time sheets, some other cash book stuff plus researching and noting possible answers to questions from the Toy Library Foundation.

Listening to Big Sean's 'Blessings' ft. Drake and Kanye West on repeat. Clean version, though, because I'm not ready to deal with Blu using "interesting" words just yet, but my new favourite parents, Steph and Ayesha Curry, let their  daughter listen to this song, so.

Watching Doing a catch up with the last episodes of The Flash. Empire, recording from TV2 because I can only handle one episode a week. Few weeks left on Game of Thrones' fifth season. And the NBA Finals, of course. #TeamRiley

Waiting for my online orders to arrive. All suppliers have dispatched the packages and first batch should get here by next week, the rest by middle of June. Crossing my fingers that there won't be too many hiccups en route.

Wishing for a cozy, bug-free, and short winter.

Enjoying Blu's toddler antics: humming random songs and singing words, telling me I'm scared of something when he is, asking me to be quiet when I start to get upset, giving the wrong answers on purpose with a cheeky smile on his little face, and just everything he does really.

Wanting to get my hair cut. Just have to wait a few more weeks so I can meet the 20cm length requirement to be able to donate it to Beautiful Lengths NZ.

Needing to get to bed soon because the boys tucked in early, like before 9pm early, and I have a feeling that at least one of them will wake up in an hour or so and I need to be sleeping before that happens.

Thinking of our schedule for the next week. Need to sort dental appointments, flu shots, ordering work gear, catch up with friends, etc.

Feeling "Wayyyyy up, I feel blessed." : )

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Enjoy your long weekend, New Zealand friends! Keep your travels safe and yourselves warm.

To our friends back home and in countries that are currently on Spring/Summer, y'all keep hydrated and feel free to send some of those warmth and sunshine our way.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Xx