4 May 2015

how-to-really-know-someone * questions tag : vol. 01

I really did make lists and notes on my calendars and journals to start this month. On Day 4 now and I'm already scrambling to catch up on #fmsphotoaday and have rescheduled one blog post to Wednesday. Not a good start. As usual. BUT! I shall persevere.



I have recently stumbled upon Corinth's lovely blog, and her Questions Tag seems easy (and interesting) enough to do. Anything to jumpstart my writing, really... and what better way than do it Q & A style so I feel like a celebrity or a beauty pageant contestant while being productive. :)


How do you feel about birthdays?

I love birthdays! It's that one day of the year that I can be extra expressive to family and friends how glad I am that they were born and are in my life. I try not to make a big deal out of mine. I usually take a couple of weeks leading up to it reflecting and going through ALL kinds of emotions haha before coming out the other side refreshed, recharged, and ready for another year.


Do you believe in fate?

I do. I also believe that we can change our stars.


What do you think when a band/artist “sells out”?

Doesn't bother me at the least. It's their career, their decisions, their lives. If it's a change that I don't like and can't support, I'm okay knowing I have the decision to not follow them anymore. Free will for everyone!


What do you think of fans and fandoms?

I'm fascinated by them! Whenever I read through Swifties' blogs and see people cosplaying, I am in awe of the commitment and how much time and money they put into it. I hope that these super fans are striking a good fandom-life balance, though, because if they're not it's just a little bit sad? I just hope people are truly happy with what they're doing and that their almost obsessions are not giving them stress. My favourite fans are royal family fans because they always seem so happy and joyful and celebrating something.


Any specific personality traits you would like to see in your life partner?

Back in my early years of college, I had a very detailed list of traits I would like my husband to have. Then I met Jasper, and I'm like, "What list?" :p In our almost seven years of marriage and more than a decade of knowing each other, I'm very happy that he possesses what I believe are the most important traits in a partner: a strong will, an open mind, a big heart, and a great sense of humor.


:) That wasn't too bad. Will do the next five soon. If anyone wants to have a go, the rest of the questions are here.

Xx